Happy New Year! It’s 2017. Time to look forward, make plans and move your life in the direction you want it to go. The New Year always seem like the Monday of all Mondays. It’s a clean slate. You get to wash 2016 away and start all over with grand gestures and majestic plans.
So we set these things called Resolutions or Intentions or Race Schedules or newly declared Diets. This is cool; I usually announce a big something or other I plan to do in the year ahead too. But this year, I’m behind. I plan to get my act together by my birthday in February. So in the meantime, I looked for inspiration elsewhere and found it in the form of my husband, Tim.
On December 28th we celebrated our 20th anniversary and found ourselves in a place of love, acceptance, and true happiness. I decided it was the perfect time to have a conversation with Tim about some big issues. Get ready for a good one!
We dig into the following:
- The differences between men and women
- Some things that have helped us stay together despite some tough ups and downs
- Having a kid in our 40s – how life changed
- Stories from our careers are professional triathletes
- Tim’s Greatest Hits album from his 20 year racing career
- Depression as it relates to sports and the undeniable post-Ironman blues
- Aging and how you can still pursue the sports you’ve always loved
- Training for life
- How to get “above treeline” wherever you are
Thanks for tuning into this one! Please take a minute to write a review on iTunes so we can keep getting these awesome messages out into the world. And if you have any suggestions on future guests, please let me know!
Have a BEAUTIFUL 2017!!!Tags: aging, depression, grand traverse, hawaii ironman, injuries, nicole deboom, skiing, skimo, tim deboom, triathlon
Categorised in: Run This World Podcast