Welcome to Episode 16 of Run This World with Justin Gold, founder of Justin’s Nut Butter. I met Justin while he was stocking shelves in our local Whole Foods Market. He built his brand from the bottom up, starting at farmer’s markets, moving into natural foods and later diving into grocery channels. Along the way, he innovated the first ever nut butter squeeze pack. His brand is dynamic and Justin clearly leads the charge. He is the epitome of the word “Entrepreneur.”
His latest news is that he recently sold Justin’s to Hormel Foods for just under $300 million. Yes – you read that correctly. 300 MILLION DOLLARS! The guy just won the Ironman and yet he remains down to earth with no plans to leave the brand he created. In fact, he wants to do bigger and better things.
In this episode we get down and dirty on:
- The big Justin’s sale to Hormel
- What it takes to be a successful leader
- How giving back can help drive your business forward
- How it may take a few ideas to hit the big one
- Why “Doing the right thing” can lead you to success
- A sneak peek at Justin’s new product launch
- How Justin overcame the loss of one of his key teammates, Lance Gentry, to brain cancer and was able to continue driving forward through that loss
- Justin’s nugget: it’s all about attitude and that if you don’t start somewhere, you’ll never get anywhere.
That was a great episode with Justin. If you want to win a box of Justin’s goodies (exact product TBD!), go over to the Skirt Sports Facebook page and tell us what Justin’s favorite product is (this means you must listen to the episode). We’ll select a random winner!
All right folks– you know what time it is. It’s time to go out and Run This World! Have a great workout and I’ll see you next week!