Meet Chef Nick – the Executive Chef at Broomfield, Colorado-based Noodles & Company. Nick is a very cool, down to earth family man who has a clear passion for food and creation. He grew up in a food-centric family, worked his first job in a restaurant and the fire was stoked. After culinary school in NY, he worked every position at a variety of restaurants before landing at Noodles. With over 500 restaurants across the country, Noodles is a clear leader in the fast casual industry and they are on a path to continue trailblazing through innovation and incredible customer service.
Today we talk about:
- Nick’s childhood in Southern California
- Culinary school: the ins & outs
- How to include kids in the kitchen
- Best practices for grocery store shopping (hint: stay away from the middle!)
- Noodles take on customization: Do it!
- Global flavors: How Noodles includes dishes from around the world without compromising authenticity
- Kids meals and fast casual eating
- What would Nick throwdown with Bobby Flay!
- Nick’s Secret Guac Recipe! NOT KIDDING – SEE HERE! The only question I have is: What the heck is a dough cutter!
There’s so much I love about Noodles and Nick. First of all, if you don’t like your meal, you simply say “I don’t like it.” And they make you a new meal! And you are encouraged to customize. I don’t have to feel high maintenance anymore! Finally, I love Chef Nick’s final nugget:
“Eat Good Food. Treat your food with respect. Understand what your flavors are. Don’t overwhelm those flavors. Let the food you’re preparing speak to you.”
Alright everyone you know what time it is. It’s time to get out there and run this world. Have a great workout and I’ll see you next week!