Meet Jillian Lakritz – former corporate world consultant turned entrepreneur, founder of Yoee Baby, mom of two, idea-birther, and more. I met Jillian when our girls were magically attracted to each other in preschool. Our first play date was hilarious. I thought I would drop Wilder off and go for a long run, but I ended up talking to Jillian and her husband, Mike, for two hours and skipping the workout! Jillian is the founder of innovative baby toy company Yoee Baby. She literally created a new category in the baby toy market – baby’s first toy that actually allows parents to interact with their babies in a meaningful way. Jillian is in the weeds with her young business but somehow she still has the ability to see and discuss the bigger picture. She is an incredibly special person who will leave you feeling like you CAN do it, whatever it is.
Be sure to check out yoeebaby.com and stock up on gifts for your pregnant friends. I always have one on hand – best shower gifts ever! Special Run This World listener discount – Use code SKIRT20 for 20% off!
Today we talk about:
- Relationships: Interesting discussion about the introvert / extrovert dynamic
- What happens when Natural Curiosity and Wanderlust meet
- Parenting: What we do truly has an impact on our children in the long term
- Early childhood development: the science behind your early interactions with your baby – why it’s important!
- Entrepreneurship: What do you do with an idea?
- The power of the mind: You have everything inside of you right now to get exactly what you need in life.
- Practice: Your mind is a powerful tool. Think it. Do it. Be it. Become it.
This is an amazing episode. Jillian is the perfect mix of wise, real and fun. That makes her one of the coolest people to hang out with – ever! It’s also why she will be successful no matter what happens in life. She has a perspective that grounds her. I think it’s something we could all aspire to – take a few of her nuggets and stash them away for the times you need them the most. It’s all in the power of your mindset. So let’s think it. Do it. Be it. And finally become it! We just need to define what IT is.
Thanks so much for listening today. Don’t forget to go over to yoeebaby.com and stock up on the most innovative and awesome baby toys so you can be the coolest shower gifter ever. Finally, send me your comments, feedback, suggestions for future guests or anything else you want to share. You can find me at Nicole.email@example.com – I’m here for you.
All right then, you know what time it is. It’s time to get out there and Run This World. Have a great workout and I’ll see you next week.